Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Olivia's Cupcake Tutorial

Here is a quick tutorial for cupcake I made for little Olivia, you can find the original post here.

I bought this little leggings/tank top set at Target:


I folded them down so it would make 3 inch strips:


Now, starting with the shirt, roll it up so it looks like a "cinnamon" roll:
After your finish rolling the shirt, roll the little pants over it. Wrap rubber band around it, so it stays together. It should look like this:


The cupcake wrapper is made with a coffee filter. Using a pencil eraser and some ink, I "stamped" some polka dots on the filter:


Now, place the cupcake in the filter, and secure it to the filter with a rubber band. Sorry, I don't have a picture for that step! The tie a ribbon around the rubber band to cover it up. This is where the fun starts. You want to "mold" your cupcake by adjusting the roll and folds so it looks uniform. Do this until you get the desired look. This is my finished cupcake:


Now, your cupcake is done! If you want to make a fun package for it, the ideas are limitless. You can buy some cupcake boxes from a packaging supply company or make one of your own. I found a ton of box template/ideas online when I "googled" it. I chose to make a bakery/coffee style bag. I don't have pictures of the process, but it was pretty easy. I just took a lunch sack and cut a window out. I attached clear acetate inside the window. In the bottom of the bag, I put a piece of cardboard (3 inches by 5 inches) for added stability. I trimmed about 1 1/2 inches off the top of the bag. After I put the cupcake in the bag, I folder the top over, added a scalloped border, ribbon, a bow and a button. The cupcake embellishment is made using the cupcake from the Cricut Cartridge, From My Kitchen.

Thanks for stopping by,

Beth

3 comments:

  1. CUTE CUTE CUTE idea, gal!! Perfect gift for those who are older than the onsie cupcake. I LOVE THIS!! Thanks for sharing with us.
    txjennywren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. OM Gosh, this is simply gorgious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Jannie
    www.knutselfrutselen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job. Love having the idea for a child. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete