Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Back to School


I was in Walmart yesterday and noticed that they are starting to put the school supplies out already. My favorite thing about going back to school was buying school supplies. I remember that the Trapper Keepers were the hot thing when I was in the sixth grade. I had one with kittens on it, it was the best notebook ever!

Last year, I made presents for the office staff at my sister's school. They are vital to the day to day operations of the school, and I wanted them to feel appreciated. These are perfect way to welcome your teachers and support staff back to school. The ideas are limitless in the way to embellish to suit the recipient. The sentiment is computer generated and I used the Preserves Cricut Cartridge to make the little apple. I made my own takeout box, but you buy them pre-made at Michaels. What will you use to fill the box? I think chocolate is the best present, but little school supplies, a bottle of Tylenol, a gift card to Starbucks, or some homemade cookies would be great. Don't forget the pencil chopsticks, they add the finishing touch to your gift.

Supplies:
Paper: Bazzill, DCWV
Misc: Wire, nestabilities, Cricut, Preserves Cartridge, pencils, pop up dots, pencils, ribbon


Thanks for stopping by,

Beth

2 comments:

  1. OMG..i LOVE this!!! It is tooo cute!! i will definately keep this in mind for a "teacher thank-you" gift for my daughter's preschool teacher!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am liking this project myself. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete