Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Nugget Heart


I love the big heart boxes filled with chocolates for Valentine's Day. Especially the ones with roses on them, the bigger and fancier the better. I saw these cute little conversation heart boxes on Splitcoast and thought, can that be done with nuggets?

Now, I don't have the heart Nestabilities so I used my Cricut to cut my hearts. I have always loved the paper roses that you can make with a five petal flower paper punch. I, also, don't have those. I looked into buying some, but again my handy dandy Cricut came into action. I found that on the Preserves cartridge, they have both a five and six petal flower just like the punches. Bonus! Now, I can make them in different sizes. This is my first time making the flowers, so they are just trial and error. I've studied every one's tutorial, but I guess practice makes perfect. Needless to say, I'm still practicing!

Here is the inside, I made a little box to hold four nuggets.



Supplies:
Paper: Martha Stewart. Bazzill, Core-dinations, Target $ Spot
Ink: Memento
Misc: Cricut cartridges-Preserves & Plantin School book, silk leaves, heart stick pin, sticky strip, tacky glue, ribbon, nuggets, shimmer spritz


Thanks for stopping by,

Beth

2 comments:

  1. Hey there! I love this concept and idea. Can you tell me how you made the top attach to the bottom box with the nuggets in it? If it was a lid for the nugget box, would you mind sharing the dimensions? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete