Thursday, February 7, 2013

Davey Turns 21!

 
My nephew/favorite Soldier turns 21 this week!  I can't believe how old he is!  I decided to make him a special Soldier birthday card to commemorate this special day.  He is currently stationed in Texas doing his training.
 
My Soldier stands 9 inches tall.  He was made with a variety of paper punches and Nestabilities.  The cupcake is one of my favorite Sizzix red dies.  The 21 was made using the Cricut Sweet Treats Cartridge.
 
Supplies:
Stamps: My Favorite Things-Big Greetings (inside card)
Ink:  Versafine
Paper:  Bazzil, Karen Foster Designs, Colorbok
Misc:  Paper punches, Nestabilities, pop up dots, black Sharpie pen, alphabet stickers, Sizzix Cupcake Die, Cricut Sweet Treats Cartridge
 
Thanks for stopping by,

3 comments:

  1. OMGosh I love this idea Beth!! Will have to lift this one to send to my son who is deployed in Afghan at this time. He will most likely be there on his birthday so this kind of card will be perfect for him and he will get a kick out of it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brenda, thank you so much, I'm so glad you liked it! Special thanks to your son, for his brave service. How proud you must be knowing that your son is a true American Hero.

      Delete
  2. What an awesome project for a Soldier. Amazing creativity! TFS.

    ReplyDelete