Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Snow Globe Style Gift Card Holder

 
Snow globes are not just for winter!  I needed a fun way to present a gift card for a birthday gift.  After searching on Pinterest, I found some cool snow globes made with mason jars, so I decided to design my own style.
 
The jar is actually a plastic scrapbook container that I purchased as part of a three pack at Michaels. 

 
I made a little pocket to hold the gift card and hot glued it to the lid of the jar.  Then, I hot glued some kraft paper shred to represent the ground.  Using my Paper Dolls Dress Up Cricut Cartridge, I cut the tree out and attached it with pop up dots the gift card.  The tent was cut free hand, and also attached with pop up dots.  The little sign was cut out of the designer paper.


I cut the stars using the My Favorite Things Stacking Stars Die-Namics.  The moon was cut using circle paper punches.  The are attached to the top of the "globe" with thin strips of clear acetate and transparent scotch tape.
 


 
Sorry the pictures are kind of cruddy, it's really hard to take pictures with out the glare from the plastic!  I must of taken 100 pictures, and believe it or not, these are the best!
 
Supplies:
Paper:  Echo Park, Bazzill
Ink:  Memento
Misc:  Paper Doll Dress Up Cricut Cartridge, paper shred, hot glue gun, pop up dots, plastic jar, clear acetate, scotch tape, My Favorite Things Stacking Stars Die-Namics, paper punches, wooden skewer
 
Thanks for stopping by,

2 comments:

  1. What a clever & creative way to present a gift card! Great idea! TFS ~ hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just saw this on Split coast and needed to come over for a closer look. This is amazing! I see a profession in your future doing this type of gift card holders! Very neat!
    Hugs,
    Georgia

    ReplyDelete