Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentine's Day Button Tag Bags

Happy Valentine's Day!  I hope your day is filled with love and chocolate.  My day is filled with work, this being one of the two busiest days in the restaurant industry, but I saved myself some Cherry Cordial M & M's for when I get home tonight!

I've been doing quite a bit of sewing lately, and I just love making little bags.  It's a great way to use of little scraps of fabric and most of the time, they make up really fast.

Last month, the Senior Design Team at Papertrey Ink revisited Button Boutique.  This is one of my favorite PTI stamp sets.  I absolutely loved this one at Lilybean Paperie and decided to incorporate it with my new little bags.

I made two styles of bags.  The first one is simple drawstring muslin bag.  I like to stuff it with a lot of stuff and I wanted it to stand up on it's own, so I boxed the bottom corners.


The bags are 6 1/2 inches x 51/4 inches.  


Next up are these little tote bags, I call them my Tiny Totes.


These little guys measure 6 inches x 5 inches.  The bottoms of these bags also are boxed so that they stand up freely.


Supplies:
Stamps:  Papertrey Ink-Button Boutique and Friendship Jar Spring Fillers
Paper:  Bazzill, American Crafts, Echo Park
Ink:  Memento
Misc:  Muslin bags, Tiny Totes, lace, buttons, baker's twine, mini spools, stick pins, glitter, paper punches, ribbon, sewing machine, Diamond Glaze, Papertrey Ink Dies-Button Boutique and Button Up #2 Die

Thanks for stopping by,

No comments:

Post a Comment