Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Twisted Pop Up Card



 Here is another new technique I decided to try out; the Twisted Pop Up Card.  There are a lot of great tutorials out there and tons on Pinterest for inspiration.  Check out this one on Kylie's Cards and Things.

I used a lot of different techniques on this card.  I stamped, colored with Copics, used my Big Kick to die cut the donuts and mini coffee cups, paper punched hearts.....what I didn't get to do was use pop up dots.  If you follow me, you will know how much I love pop up dots and put them on everything.  But due to the style of this card, I didn't think that they would fit, once I twisted it back together.


I decided to use some of my favorite things on this card, coffee and donuts!  Not to mention I used My Favorite Things stamps on it as well!



The donuts were cut out using a tiny die from Taylored Expressions and then I added some Diamond Glaze onto the frosting.  The big coffee cups were made using a few paper punches and a trimmer.  You can find templates, dies, and SVG cups for them on-line, but it was very easy just to make them by hand.


Once the card is folded and twisted to the A2 size, I made a belly band to hold it all together.  You can see it in the first picture at the top of this post.

Right now, I wish I had a donut, but it looks like it's going to start to storm again, so I  will not be venturing out!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Darcie's Heart & Home-Coffee Donuts Friends, My Favorite Things Pure Innocence-Holly Girl and Out On A Limb
Ink:  Versafine, Stamps by Judith
Paper:  Moxie, Recollections, Neenah, The Paper Studio, Authentique
Misc:  Diamond Glaze, Taylored Expression Donut Die, Quickutz Hot Beverage, Diamond Glaze, Copics, paper punches, Nestabilities

Thanks for stopping by,



No comments:

Post a Comment