Thursday, August 9, 2018

Teacher Banner


We have a new teacher in our family.  My nephew, Joe, has a lovely girlfriend who is starting her first teaching job this year as a first grade teacher.  We are so proud of her and I just know that she is going to be amazing.

I thought she needed a banner for her classroom.  So, I used one of my favorite Cricut cartridges, Create A Friend and made a few teachers.  The letters are adhered to "chalkboards".  My sister, who is the model in the picture, informed me that they don't use chalkboards in classrooms anymore.  I have fond memories of clapping erasers outside and making huge flumes of chalk smoke.  I can only imagine what inhaling all of that dust can do you to your respiratory system, but it was a great fun, and an honor to be picked by the teacher.

I've made a few more things for Miss Kelly, so make sure you check back tomorrow.

Supplies:
Ink:  Stamps by Judith
Paper:  EchoPark, Authentique, Bazzill
Misc:  Ribbon, pop up dots, toothpicks, Cricut, Create A Friend Cartridge

Thanks for stopping by,

No comments:

Post a Comment