Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Everyday Button Bits

I made a few cards with Papertrey Ink's, Everyday Button Bits last night while I was watching Law & Order: Criminal Intent. That is one of my favorite shows, but it was the last one with Detectives Goren and Eames. I don't think I'll watch it anymore, it just won't be the same. My Dad and sister also like the show. For Laura's birthday the year before last, (my sister) her kids and I got her a tickets to go see Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers. It was so wicked awesome! Instead of just giving the her the tickets in an envelope, we made a case evidence file from Det. Goren asking for her help in solving an illegal "cat juggling" ring. The file had clues left from crime scenes that she had to figure it out what they meant. For example, there was a picture of Richard Petty's race car, and picture of Tom Brady, a heart that I cut in half, etc. We put it in a three ringed binder , I printed graphics from the NYPD, and put it in a big padded envelope. We made "Wanted" posters with our mug shots and everything. It was pretty cool. It's kind of depressing now that their run is over.

Now, onto my card. It got the layout from Papercrafts Card Creations. I just changed the colors. I stamped the leaves twice, paper pieced, and popped them up.



Supplies:
Stamps: Papertrey Ink
Paper: Recollections, Bazzill, My Mind's Eye
Ink: Memento
Misc: Buttons, ribbon, pop up dots, half pearls


Thanks for stopping by,
Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment