Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Emma and Her Backpack



Here is another back to school project. I made it for my sister so she could pass out some treats to her fellow teachers this week. She went back to work, but the kiddos don't go back until Monday.

The pail held the little round favor tins that Wilton makes. I didn't throw it out, I knew I would eventually use it! The stamp set is a new set from My Favorite Things, called Emma and Her Backpack. Her skirt is paper pieced and Diamond Glaze was applied to her shoes. Inside the bucket are little Ghiardelli Squares that I wrapped with school themed paper and then added an apple from the Cricut Preserves Cartridge. I added a touch of Diamond Glaze to the seeds of the apples. I believe there are 12 candies in the bucket, I already gave it to her!





Supplies:
Stamps: My Favorite Things-Emma and Her Backpack
Ink: CTMH, Memento
Paper: Bazzill, Recollections, unknown designer paper (I've had it forever!)
Misc: Clear bucket, paper shred, half pearls, white gel pen, buttons, dmc floss, diamond glaze, copics, paper punch, pop up dots, nestabilities, clear acetate, sticky strip, crimper, ribbon


Only 3 more days to my birthday and I'm getting very excited! Today, in the mail, a package and a card came from my Dad. I told him I wouldn't open it until my birthday, but I did shake it! The cats came running when I shook it, I bet there is something in the box for them. He always sends them something. He is a very thoughtful Grandpa to his furry grandchildren. One Christmas, he sent this really heavy box. I couldn't guess at all what it was, but when we opened it, it was full of cans of canned cat food each individually wrapped with their names on it! I got a card (and a Target gift card, my favorite). The shipping was more than the price of all of the food.

Thanks for stopping by,

Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment