Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Happy Birthday To My Big Sister!

I would like to thank everyone who has been expressing their support after the terror attack at the Boston Marathon yesterday.  While I was born in California and now live in Florida, I spent over 30 years living outside the Boston area.  I still consider it my "home".   My brother and father still live there.  Thankfully, Richard texted us right away to let us know he was ok, but it was a very tense 45 minutes before we found out that Dad was safe and sound, at home, taking a nap.  The Boston Marathon is more than just another marathon, it's a revered part of our history held on Patriots' Day, the day we commemorate the Battles of Concord and Lexington. These were the first battles of the American Revolution.   So, needless to say, my heart broke as I watched the videos, the injured being taken away, and heard of the deaths of Martin, Krystle, and third BU student.  However, I was proud when I watched the volunteers, EMS, the Boston Fire Department, the Boston Police Department and everyone else who ran towards the site to help the injured. Hopefully, that the suspects will be caught quickly and punished for this heinous act.  May God Bless the people of Boston and America.
 
This was the card I made for my sister for her birthday.  I haven't given it to her yet, I hope she doesn't see it before I do give it to her!  We are going to celebrate her birthday when we go to the Scrapbook Expo, whoo hoo, I'm excited!
 
It's nothing fancy, just a little stamping, coloring, punching and popping!
 
 
Supplies:
Stamps:  My Favorite Things-Jump For Joy and Big Greetings
Paper:  American Crafts, Bazzill
Ink:  Memento, Versafine
Misc:  Copics, buttons, ribbon, baker's twine, Nestabilities, pop up dots, paper punches, half pearls
 
Thanks for stopping by,


1 comment:

  1. I luv how the little PI looks like she's peeking out~ so cute! My heart goes out to everyone in Boston as well. Glad your family is ok. Hugs~

    ReplyDelete