Monday, August 26, 2013

Herd It's Your Birthday

Holy moly guacamole, where have been and what have I been doing?! I have no idea!  It's not like I wasn't doing anything, I just seem to run out of time.  I have been spending time in my "Craft Central", but I can't tell you why I haven't posted anything.  Let's see, what has been happening for the last few weeks, other than work. I celebrated my 45th birthday last week!  It was an exciting day.  Mom and I went to JoAnn Fabrics, Hobby Lobby, Michaels and Bath and Body Works!
 
I am so ready for fall and some cooler temperatures.  I'm sick and tired of this disgusting, soupy, gross heat and humidity!  It's making me very grumpy!  I think I will work on some Halloween projects this afternoon to try and woo some cold weather my way.
 
My niece, Jenny, turned 16 this month.  This is the card I just finished making for her, I know better late than never!  She loves her animals, so when I saw the On The Farm set from Papertrey Ink, I knew I had to get it to makes goodies for my Jenny. 
 
The card is just a simple easel card, no big whoop here.  To personalize it, I just added a banner with her name.  I am infatuated with banners lately, and I have been pinning them all over Pinterest as of late.
 
 
I wish I could say that the cake was my idea, but it wasn't.  I found it on Pinterest, which is pretty much where I find everything.  Here is the link to Lisa's blog where you can get all of the deets to make this little cake.
 
Inside view of the cake.  I stuffed some dinero down there for her to feed her Bath and Body Works addiction or something for her favorite horse, Pebbles, at the barn.
 
 
I used Nestabilities and the On The Farm Dies to make the "candles" for my cake.

 
One last shot of the set together.
 
 
Supplies:
Stamps:  Papertrey Ink-On The Farm
Ink:  Versafine, Tim Holtz, Memento
Paper:  October Afternoon, MME, Bazzill, Sn@p
Misc:   Hershey Miniatures, low temp glue gun, Nestabilities, baker's twine, pop up dots, paper punch flowers and leaves, toilet paper roll, paper shred, Papertrey Ink On The Farm Dies, half pearls, Memory Box Scallop Border Die
 
Thanks for stopping by,
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment