Friday, September 9, 2016

Gifts for My Favorite Teachers


I decided to use my Petite Places dies & stamps to make some back to school gifts for my favorite teachers.  Although they have been back to school for a month, I'm sure they will enjoy this special treat.


I decided that I'm not very good at the stamping part, so I used the dies to cut out card stock.  I meant to take pictures before I put the domes on them, but I forgot.  It's kind of hard to see them, but I am very pleased with the way they came out.  I had some gold star glitter in my stash which I think goes quite well with the teacher theme.  It reminded me of those stars that you had to lick that the teachers would put on our papers.  I guess I'm dating myself!


I saw these cut little jars in Wal-Mart, so I made a smaller one for my friend.  She is working at a charter school this year, and they have a strict no junk food policy for teachers and students.  So, she will have to enjoy the candy part at home, if her husband and sons don't find it first!  I used my Cricut to cut the scalloped circle as none of the Nestabilities seemed to be the right size.


Supplies:
Stamps:  Papertrey Ink-Petite Places School
Ink;  Versafine, Papertrey Ink
Paper:  Recollections, Bazzill
Misc:  Mason jars, baker's twine, candy, star glitter, Petite Places School dies,  Cricut Design Space

Thanks for stopping by,

3 comments:

  1. These are absolutely adorable - magical, actually!! May I ask what you used for the dome?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa, Thank you so much for the compliment. The are clear plastic fillable ornaments. I bought mine at Michaels and they are 50% off right now.

      Delete
    2. Oh that's fantastic! I have to tell you that since I've seen your adorable jar, I have been obsessed with it - LOL! I am now awaiting my order of PTI petite places dies to give it a whirl :) Thank you so much for sharing!!!

      Delete