Sunday, May 2, 2010

There's No One in the World like my Grandma


I made this card in honor of my Dad's mother, my Grandma Curtis. My Grandmother wore brightly colored mu mu's and bright orange lipstick. One of her passions was genealogy, she travelled all over the world to find our ancestors. Grandma had this bright pink luggage. When she would come to visit us in Massachusetts, her suitcases were easy to find at the airport! When I saw this stamp set, I immediately thought of Grandma Curtis. She loved her family and especially her pets. There is nor ever was someone like my Grandma, she was an all around class act. I'm going to send this card to my Dad for Mother's Day.

I paper pieced her dress. To simulate the hard pink suitcase, I paper pieced it with pink cardstock then covered it with diamond glaze. The buildings are also paper pieced and I sponged the clouds on the sky with white ink.

Supplies:
Stamps: My Favorite Things
Ink: Memento, CTMH
Paper: Recollections, Bazzill,DP from Michaels (I don't remember the company!)
Misc: Copics, pop up dots, rhinestones, diamond glaze, corner punch


Thanks for stopping by,

Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment