Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas from the Swamp!


When I announced to my friends that I was moving to Florida, they told me I would have to pick sides. I wasn't sure what that meant. It turns out that in Florida, they LOVE college football! The first friend I made here in Lakeland, is a sweet lady named Teresa. She was my trainer at work, and we have become the best of friends. Teresa told me that her twin grandsons play for the University of Florida. My nephew, Joe, loves the Gators and has dreamed of playing football with them. Teresa's grandsons gave him a newspaper article and championship t-shirt signed by themselves and many of their teammates. It was probably the sweetest thing anyone could have done, especially since they had never met him. She is the proud grandmother of Michael and Markice Pouncey. Michael has continued to play for the University of Florida, but Markice was drafted to play for the Pittsburgh Steelers. He is the center and has been a starter this entire season. Now, while I am a die hard true blue New England Patriot fan, I also cheer for Markice and the Steelers. Except, of course, when they play the Patriots!

I made this little tree for my brother-in-law, who is also an alumnus of the University of Florida. I found it in the dollar spot at Target. I made the ornaments using stickers and UF scrapbook paper.

I hope everyone has had a happy holiday. My Dad sent me a Boston Celtics toaster. It toasts the bread with a shamrock on it. My Mom gave me cash towards the new computer that I am going to buy. Laura gave me an espresso maker and our brother, Richard, sent down some Red Sox knitted caps!

Well, I'm off to have some toast and cappuccino!

Thanks for stopping by,

Beth

2 comments:

  1. That is the cutest little tree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your awesome tree, so cute, but I would love to see it in STEELER items. I am a die hard STEELER fan. Go Markice..... I will be watching for him. Go STEELERS.

    ReplyDelete