Friday, February 11, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day with Wyatt



I made this for my Dad for Valentine's Day. He was always loved model railroading, and has set up a replica of Carson City, Nevada during the gold rush in my old bedroom. He has been working on these models since he was a very young man and it was something he and my Great Uncle Lisle, for whom Dad was named after, enjoyed together.

The penny candy style jar is one I bought at Halloween at Walmart and filled it with the little Snickers Bars. I stamped, colored, and paper pieced Wyatt the Conductor two times. One was used for jar and the other for the candy bar box. The train themed paper is from the Playtimes Past Collection from Graphic 45. A little bandanna ribbon, a few buttons, and some paper punched hearts completed the project.



This is the candy bar box made with a card box. The card box holds five Mars Bars perfectly.



Supplies:
Stamps: My Favorite Things-Wyatt The Conductor
Ink: Memento
Paper: Bazzill, Martha Stewart, Graphic 45, Bo Bunny
Misc: Card box, penny candy jar, paper punches, ribbon, nestabilities, buttons, pop up dots, baker's twine, half silver pearls, copics


Thanks for stopping by,

Beth

1 comment:

  1. this is such a cute Wyatt, I can hardly stand it. love the ribbon you used and the matching candy jar is darling! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete