Monday, February 7, 2011

Hot and Spicy Valentine Box and Valentine Nugget Box Tutorial

Here are the measurements for the Hot and Spicy Valentine box that was in this post.

The base of the box is 8 1/2 in. by 8 1/2 in. Score 1 1/2 in. on all four sides. The lid is 8 1/8 in. by 8 1/8 in. Score at 1 1/4 in. on all four sides.

Erin asked about the Valentine Heart Nugget box in this post. She wanted to know what the dimensions of the little box and lid that hold the nuggets. The base of the box is 3 3/8 in. by 4 in. Score 5/8 in. on all four sides. The lid to this box is 3 1/2 in. by 4 1/8 in. Score it on all four sides as well. I just adhered the lid of the box to the bottom of the top heart. I know that makes total sense!



I also like using the slider top for the nugget boxes, especially when using the clear acetate. The dimensions for the top for this particular nugget box are: cut your acetate 2 7/8 in. by 6 1/2 in. Then score it (along the long side, all measurements are in inches) 1, 1 5/8, 3 13/16, 4 7/18. I personally like to wrap it around the nugget box, and then use the sticky strip to make sure it is a good fit.





Well, I'm rockin' out to REO Speedwagon...it's hard to do air guitar and type at the same time! Keep on rollin'........oh, now roll with the changes

Thanks for stopping by,

Beth

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Beth for both tutorials, will most certainly have to try them! I received my package in the mail today, yea!!! My goodies are too cute and really like them, thank you for sending them to me! Mary

    ReplyDelete