Sunday, January 11, 2015

A Sweet Valentine Story

Remember the old Life Savers Sweet Story Book?  I used to love them, we always brought them for the Christmas gift exchanges in elementary school.

Over the years, they have changed a bit.  I bought one after Christmas, while they were on sale.  It was a little disappointing, when I opened it up, they now only have candy on one side of the book.  

I thought I could "trick" it up a little with a little Beth-A-Palooza flair.  Since Christmas is over, I decided to make my sweet story book for Valentines Day.


Using my Scor-Pal, I made my "book".  I used the original packaging as the template.  The image is Pure Innocence I Luv You With All My Heart.  I colored her with Copics and paper
pierced her dress and the big heart Valentine that she is holding.  Diamond Glaze was added to the heart to give it a little bit of texture.


This is the inside of my sweet story.  The sentiment is from the same PI set.

Supplies:
Stamps:  My Favorite Things-Pure Innocence I Luv You With All My Heart
Ink:  Memento, Versafine
Paper:  Neenah, American Crafts, Bazzill
Misc:  Copics, Diamond Glaze, paper punches,  pop up dots, My Favorite Things Scallop Oval Die-Namics Die, Life Savers Sweet Story Book, Scor-pal, ribbon

Thanks for stopping by,


3 comments:

  1. love this idea!! But WHAT - no template for us so we can make our own Valentine Sweet Book? Noooooo. GRIN Please, can you share your template with us? I have such fond memories of those christmas sweet story books too. Got one every year growing up. Cloves was my favorite flavor!! What was your favorite flavor?
    txjennywren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenny,

      I will make a template just for you and publish it on my blog! Just give me a little while to get my thinking cap on and remember how I did it! Let's see, my favorite......I love the candy cane flavored ones, but I think my favorite from my childhood were rootbeer. Was that a flavor or did I just dream that one? Thanks so much!

      Delete
  2. Hi!
    Seeing this idea brought to mind the cake boxes I made for my daughters wedding.
    As the reception was going to be held outside we decided to make the 'cake' out of small book shaped boxes filled with slices of cake that could be handed out, rather than struggling to cut the cake outside - recipe for disaster if ever there was one!
    They turned out very well and were so easy to make.
    This is the link if you would like to pop over and see my take on book boxes.

    http://sheilassuperdupercraftycorner.blogspot.co.uk/2011/11/wedding-cake-with-difference.html

    Love this idea for sweets. Don't think we have Lifesavers in the U.K. But I'm sure there must be something that is compatible.
    So many great ideas - so little time! Skates on!

    ReplyDelete