Sunday, March 20, 2016

Paper Shred Bird's Nests


Making these are a messy, easy, fun, and inexpensive way to spend your Friday night and a new way for the Easter Bunny to hide the candy!


The nest part of the project was the messy part!  I have some partially filled bags of paper shred laying around (from previous projects) and figured that the kraft color would make a good nest.  I have these little blue Pyrex ramekins/souffle cups.  I turned them upside down and covered them with plastic wrap.


Next, I took some regular school glue and mixed it 50/50 with tap water.  My first try, I used Modge Podge, but that is expensive and my next was really shiny and it looked weird.  I dunked handfuls of the paper shred in the glue/water mix, squeezed it out then I molded it around the bowl.  


I let them dry for about 12 hours, then peeled them off of the bowls.  The inside of the nest was still a little wet (it's from the plastic wrap), so I let them dry out a bit more.


More fun with the 3 Birds on Parade Cricut Cartridge!  I love this cartridge and have been wanting to use this cut for some time now.  I cut it out, used several layers not to mention pop dots and added a little bow for finish it off.  I cut the tag using Nestabilities and stamped the sentiment.


I finished them off by adding some multi colored paper shred and Dollar Store plastic eggs.  It's my intention to put candy in the eggs, but I need to buy some more as I've already eaten the bag I bought already!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Dandelion Designs-Sentiment
Ink:  Versafine and Versa Magic
Paper:  Recollections
Misc:  Paper shred, glue, plastic eggs, souffle cups or ramekins, plastic wrap, pop up dots, Cricut, 3 Birds on Parade Cricut Cartridge, Nestabilities, Mama Elephant Bow Die

Thanks for stopping by,
 

No comments:

Post a Comment