Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Bunny Flower Pots



I love those little flower pots they have at Target in the Dollar Spot. I had an epiphany while I was getting ready for work the other day, why not use them to make an Easter bunny? So, here is my finished product

.

I traced the wrapper that came on the flower pot onto white cardstock, cut it out and wrapped it around the flower pot. I added a small adhesive dot to the bottom of the flower pot just to hold onto the wrapper. Then, I wrapped some ribbon and tied a bow onto the top. A pom pom was added for the bunny tail. I used a variety of paper punches and my cricut to cut out the features for the face and feet. For the face, I used a white gel for the highlights on the eyes. The cheeks are blushed with chalk and the freckles were made with a black sharpie. The face and the nose are all popped up using pop up dots. For the feet, I used the ovals that I cut with my cricut and the toe pads were punched using the big hole in the crop-a-dile.

Side view of the bunny:



You can use these for non-candy Easter treats, basket fillers, and also for baby shower favors. I used Papertrey Ink-Tag Its #1 to make a quick Easter tag.



I had a lot of fun making these, so I made up a bunch of kits with all of the punched pieces all ready to be assembled. Each kit will make two sets of bunny parts. The square of pink paper is for you to punch the toe pads yourself. I though it would be easier and less messy this way. All you will need to make these little bunnies is the flower pot, a pom pom, and some ribbon. I will be listing these for sale in my Etsy shop.

This picture shows the parts to make one bunny, but the kit has enough to make two bunnies. So, there are double of everything, except, the pink square as it is large enough to cut the toe pads for two bunnies.





Make sure you check back later this evening, I will be posting the Bunny Body Kits in my Etsy shop.

Thanks for stopping by,

Beth

4 comments:

  1. Aww that bunny is so sweet, thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable idea! Like how your blog looks too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, what a fabulous idea, they are sooo cute!
    And I think both your cats are adorable:-)
    Sunshine,New Zealand

    ReplyDelete