Sunday, March 6, 2011

Vintage Style Button Boutique



I found this great paper from Little Yellow Bicycle the last time I was at Violette's. I thought it would go perfectly with the Button Boutique set from Papertrey Ink.

The card base is made out of kraft cardstock. I sponged some Tim Holtz Antique Linen Ink on to the little doilies. The actual button cards are popped up using pop up dots to give it a little more dimension. I tea dyed some seam binding, wrapped it around the bottom of the card and tied a bow. Different buttons from my stash where added.


Here is a close up of the button card:



They came together so quickly, that I decided to make a set for gifts.



Supplies:
Stamps: Papertrey Ink-Button Boutique
Ink: Memento, Tim Holtz
Paper: Bazzill, Little Yellow Bicycle
Misc: Buttons, button card die, doilies, seam binding, pop up dots, dmc floss, clothes pin


I wanted to make a fun way to package them, so I decorated a paper bag to match. The designer paper is kind of thick, so I sewed it on to the bag. I folded the bag top and covered it another doily was sponged with the Tim Holtz Antique Linen Ink. The doily is just folded over and held together with a tea dyed clothespin. I cut/stamped another button card. I left the center blank so I could write the recipient's name on the tag. A little more seam binding and a few buttons finished off my gift.



Thanks for stopping by,

Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment