Monday, July 25, 2011

Pop Up Gift Card Holder


This was my first attempt in making a pop up card.  My sister, Laura, made one last week when she was over, and it came out wicked cute.  So, I decided to make one, too.  The directions can be found at Paper Crafts Connections.

I made this for one of the girls at work.  Starbucks had these "summery" looking gift cards, and since we live in Florida, I thought it would be the perfect gift.



Here is a close up of the fishtail pennant.  I used the candle stump stamp by Stamps By Judith.  Diamond Glaze was added to the little circles to give them a little more dimension.  The coffee cups were cut using the Quickutz Coffee Cup Die.  The sun was made using paper punches and the sentiment is from the It's Your Birthday! stamp from Dandelion Designs.


Here is a side view of the pop up gift card holder.  I used some small brads to hold the sides together.  I originally just used some Scor-Tape, but the side kept popping open, but the brad held the sides together perfectly.



Supplies:
Stamps:  Dandelion Designs-It's Your Birthday, Stamps By Judith-Candle
Ink:  Versafine, Memento
Paper:  Recollections, My Mind's Eye
Misc:  Scor-Pal Buddy, Quickutz Coffee Cup Die, DMC floss, My Favorite Things Fishtail Banner Die-Namics, paper punches, brads, Scor-Tape

Thanks for stopping by,


No comments:

Post a Comment