Thursday, March 8, 2012

Buttons and Butterflies Kit/Etsy Shop Update

***The kits are now listed in my Etsy Shop***


I had so much fun making the button cards for the Buttons and Butterflies Cards post, that I decided to whip up some quick kits for my Etsy Shop.

Each kit comes with:
*1 Button Card with four handmade embellishments
*2 Small Clothespins
*3 yds. of hand dyed yellow seam binding
* 4 Tags ( 1 large white, 1 small white, 1 large yellow, 1 small yellow)
*2 Banner labels in aqua
*2 layered butterfly vellum embellishments, 1 yellow and 1 aqua
*1 vellum bag (2 1/2 inches x 6 3/4 inches)
* 1 white paper sack  (4 inches x 6 3/4 inches)
*Each kit is packed in a small kraft paper sack (6 1/4 inches x 10 inches)

For some reason, I can't count, so there are a few extra tags in each of the kits, but they are not pictured there.  Each Button and Butterfly Card is individually and uniquely made, so they are all a little different.



Here is a little tag I made using the crocheted flower.  I used some the flowers from the Papertrey Ink Vintage Picnic stamp set and some white ink to stamp the background on the yellow tag.  Using some scraps of paper from my stash, I layered on them on the edge of the small white tag.  I stamped the sentiment from an A Muse stamp on one of the banner strips, wrapped it around the tag.  The small clothespin was covered with a strip of paper (again from my stash) and covered with a little Modge Podge.   I added some Hershey Miniatures into the the vellum bag and attached it to the tag with my clothespin.  Easy!


For this tag, I used the same flower stamp to stamp the background onto the large white tag.   I added a little machine stitching to the bottom of the yellow tag.  The sentiment from the Papertrey Ink Button Boutique stamp set was  stamped on one of the banners.  I trimmed the banner down and re-cut the notch to make the banner to fit the tag.  I used one of the layered vellum butterfly embellishments on this tag and added a button for the center.  This tag was attached to the white paper sack using a clothespin that I also covered with some scraps and Modge Podge.


Now, if you want to give this kit a gift or you want to re-use the paper bag that the kit was packed in, here is an example.  I used a border punch to add a decorative edge to the top of the paper bag.  I wrapped  a piece of the hand dyed seam binding around the bag and tied the button card onto the front.  Then, I added one of the layered vellum butterflies to the center of the bow.


These are just a few ideas, but the possibilities are countless!  There are a limited number of these kits, once they are gone...they are gone!  I will be listing them in my Etsy Shop today, so make sure you check back later.

Thanks for stopping by,

1 comment:

  1. Wow just beautiful. I with you I love to crochet. And they go great on your tags.

    ReplyDelete