Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Hoppy Easter Boxes


Here is my version of Easter Baskets for my Dad and Stepmother this year.  I'm always looking for new and fun ways to package gifts.  So, I thought I would use Becky Robert's Valentine Box Tutorial for an Easter Treat.  You can find her tutorial on her blog, Inking Idaho, here.  The are very easy and fun to make. 

To make the tag, I used the Cracked Up Bunny stamp by Purple Onion.  I stamped the bunny twice, colored it with Copics, layered it foam tape, and did a little paper piecing.  The tag is cut from Nestabilities and the grass is cut using a My Favorite Things Die-Namics.


When I went to make the dividers, I made a mistake scoring, so instead of throwing it out and starting over, I just made an extra divider for more candy!  I put some paper shred in the the little dividers and then added my candy.


I used some elastic gold cord to hold the lid on the box.


Supplies:
Stamps:  Purple Onion Designs-Cracked Bunny, Jo Ann Fabrics-Alphabet
Ink:  Versafine, Memento, Tim Holtz
Paper:  Recollections, My Mind's Eye, K & Company, Wasau
Misc:  Clear acetate, pop up tape, paper punch, Papertrey Ink Double Ended Banner Die, My Favorite Things Grass Die-Namic, Nestabilties Tag Die, Copics, gold elastic cord, paper shred, candy, Scor-Pal, jute, oval paper punch

Thanks for stopping by,

No comments:

Post a Comment