Saturday, October 19, 2013

Catered Crop Orange Is The New Black Recipe Quick Fire



I was so excited that I won the Catered Crop Canning Jar Recipe Swap!  I just love everything that Linda does, so it is quite an honor to be picked not once, but now twice!
 
For this week's recipe swap, we had to use orange.  Well, since Halloween is one of my favorite holidays (after 4th of July and Veterans' Day), this was an easy one.  My two fur babies, or as my sister affectionately refers to them as "Two Tons of Fun", always like to be involved in the crafting process.  If they are not laying down on my projects or sticking their back sides in my face, they are running off with supplies!  So, I decided to make something inspired by them.
 
Using a little orange pumpkin from Target, I made a cat head.  The ears were cut out of American Crafts  Halloween paper.  The eyes were made using a variety of paper punches.  The nose was cut using a heart Nestability and some glitter card stock.  Whiskers were made using some black wire.
 
I used a jar and filled it with some orange candy, some pumpkins and peanut butter cups.  
 
Black tulle was wrapped around the jar and tied into a fluffy bow.  A tag was made using some orange and black washi tapes.  It is complimented with some orange Baker's Twine and a button spider.

 
Supplies:
Stamps:  Papertrey Ink-Boo To You
Ink:  Versafine, Memento
Paper:  American Crafts, Bazzill, Recollections
Misc:  Plastic jar, candy, baker's twine, button spider, wire, paper punches, pop up dots, tag, black tulle, washi tape, Nestabilities, hot glue gun, small pumpkin
 
Make sure to go check out all of the great creations over at Catered Crop, you won't be disappointed!
 
Thanks for stopping by,

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Your project is the cat's meow! I mean purrfect! Oh my word, it's Very creative!
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!! This is simply the most adorable thing I have ever seen. I wish I had one quarter of your talent.

    ReplyDelete