Monday, June 21, 2010

Off We Go Into The Wild Blue Yonder...

(This is the second post for today, scroll down to the first post.)


My Dad and I are huge airplane buffs. Our favorites are the WWII War Birds. We have gone to several air museums and airshows over the years. He's is coming down this weekend for my sister's wedding. I am so excited to see him. We are planning to take a trip out to Kennedy Space Center, it is so awesome out there. We are also going to an air museum here in Lakeland, Fantasy of Flight. I am excited about that, they have a P-51 that was flown by the Tuskegee Airmen during WWII. I was fortunate and honored to meet the son of the pilot who flew that very plane a few months ago. You can read about these heros here. My great uncle, Fred Lindsay, was a tail gunner in a B-17 during WWII. These brave men protected his plane. I made this card for my Dad, but it would be great for any aviation buff or to honor the great men and women in the Armed Forces and our Veterans.

I cut the plane out with my Cricut using my Stand and Salute Cartridge. I used the metallic paper to make the plane shiny. The stamped image is a digital stamp, Pearl Harbor from Pixie Dust Studios.

Supplies:
Stamps: Pixie Dust Studios-Digital-Pearl Harbor
Paper: Recollections, Bazzill, American Crafts, Best Occasions
Misc: Cricut, Stand and Salute, buttons, silver half beads, copics, pop up dots


Thanks for stopping by,

Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment