Thursday, July 29, 2010

Every Day Cards



I was reading the Weekly Inkling the other day, and came across a thread about giving home made journals. One of the members commented that she has made cards and scrapbooks for her sister, and her sister told her that while they were "cute", she basically didn't want anymore of her handmade gifts. That really upset me. I'm always giving things to my family, and every time I give them something, they act like it's the best thing they have ever received! One of my friends has a shelf in her home with all of my goodies on it. She calls it her center for inspiration! I wish I could remember what the lady's name was, if anyone remembers reading about it, let me know. My Grandma Maggie used to say, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all". I love getting homemade gifts, I can't figure out why anyone would not want them. Therefore, I'm dedicating this post to my stamping sister, who I can't remember your name (sorry!), thank you from everyone who has received a special, thoughtful, and homemade gift! We love them!

I wanted to make a simple set of cards to give as a gift. I embossed the sentiments using clear embossing powder. The stamp set is from Lauren Meader's My Time Made Easy, Just For You Set. I wanted to make a nice gift box, but I was up until 1 AM working on it, wasted 5 pieces of card stock, used up the last of my sticky strip, said some not very lady like words when I got frustrated and decided to work on it another time.



Supplies:
Stamps: My Time Made Easy-Just For You
Paper: Bazzill, DCWV, Recollections, Core-dinations
Ink: Versafine
Misc: Embossing gun, embossing powder, paper punches, half pearls, nestabilities, pop up dots



Thanks for stopping by,

Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment