Friday, October 22, 2010

Christmas Money Snow Globe


I saw this idea in the new Holiday Cards & More magazine. I had a snow globe in my stash, so I decided to try it out. Unfortunately, my snow globe was smaller than the one in the magazine, so I made a few changes. I double stamped the Santa from the Holiday Button Bits set from Papertrey Ink, colored it with copics, and added my button. I took a $1 bill and practiced folding it until I got the size triangle I wanted. A punched star and tree trunk cut free hand completed my Christmas tree. When I was adding the glitter, I used WAY too much! I had to empty and rinse it out three times! The bottom of the snow globe easily comes off so the recipient can retrieve the money.

Supplies:
Stamps: Holiday Button Bits and Vintage Picnic-Papertrey Ink
Ink: Memento, Close To My Heart
Paper: The Paper Company, Bazzill
Misc: Snow globe, button, copics, money, paper punch, glitter, ribbon


Thanks for stopping by,

Beth

1 comment:

  1. Oh, this would make a cute gift! I love the idea. So adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete