Wednesday, October 20, 2010

There Is No Place Like The Cuttlebug Challenge Spot





I had so much fun participating in The Cuttlebug Challenge Spot last week, I decided to play along again. I'm also so excited that I won last week's challenge! Whoo Hoo!! I wanted to make something that really wasn't too scary. I love the Wizard Of Oz, but when Dorothy is locked in the tower and she sees the Witch's head in the crystal ball, that is really scary!

I made a ginormous explosion box and added a some paper weaving to the sides to make it look like a basket. When you pull off the top of the basket, you get a surprise! The ruby mary janes were made from a template I got off the EK Success site a few years ago. I used the red glitter Core-dinations cardstock to make the shoes and then added some red Stickles to give it a little more dazzle. Toto is made out of a dog Quickutz Double Die. I made the yellow brick road with the Bubbles Cuttlebug Embossing folder which I cut into little pieces and then glued onto some glitter cardstock. I chose the creamy milk chocolate Dove candies because they were wrapped in blue foil to represent Dorothy's blue socks. A few prima flowers were added to my yellow brick road.





I had a lot of fun making this, I don't know who I should give it to!



Supplies:
Paper: DCWV, Core-dinations, Recollections, The Paper Company
Ink: Stamps by Judith, Memento
Misc: Martha Stewart border punch, red stickles, sticky strip, eyelets, crop-a-dile, Bubbles Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, prima flowers, half pearls, candy, clear acetate bags, ribbon, Quickutz Dog die



Thanks for stopping by,

Beth

PS I'll get you my pretty, and your little dog, too!

8 comments:

  1. Congrats on winning at TCS last week, Beth. I love the ruby slippers. They are totally adorable! Thanks for playing along this week again. Hope you come back to TCS again next week, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! I LOVE this - congratulations on your win and thank you for sharing! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG this is beautiful! You are an artist! Thank you for playing with us at the Cuttlebug Spot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello!

    Wonderfully creative! I love magic boxes and yours is perfection! Such a great idea and lovely to look at! :<)

    Wishing you a great Friday!

    Barbara Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're right....that is scary!
    This is fabulous!
    Thanks for joining us at the Cuttlebug Spot!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is too stinkin CUTE! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG this is AWESOME!!! You totally rock! LOVE this!!! -Sam :-)

    ReplyDelete