Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Holidays for Heroes Cards

I hope everyone had a safe and nice Halloween. I normally work nights, so I miss the trick or treaters. One of the girls at work need to trade her lunch shift so I jumped at the offer. I went to Target and bought a bunch of candy. So, there I was on Sunday, waiting for the sun to go down. I live in an apartment complex and there are children who live there, so I was pretty confident that I would have some little spooks and goblins at my door. I was even worried that I would run out of candy. So, there I was waiting. Then I decided I would open my door so everyone would see I was home. Still nothing, I went out on my porch, no children. I waited until 10:00 PM, and no trick or treaters! It was a little depressing, oh well, what can you do! But, at least I bought candy that I like.



Today, I've started working on my Holidays for Heroes Cards. The American Red Cross and Pitney Bowes sponsor this great program. Handmade cards are sent to our Troops oversees and our Veterans here at home. If you are interested in participating in this great program, there is a blinky link on my right sidebar with the rules and information. My Mom, Laura, and Jenny are planning a huge craftapalooza on Thanksgiving to work on our cards to send for the December 10th deadline. I'm starting on mine now.

Supplies:
Stamps: Papertrey Ink-Holiday Button Bits (Warm Winter Wishes)
Ink: Memento
Paper: The Paper Company, Bazzill
Misc: Sizzlits Snowflakes #15, twill ribbon, flat lace, glitter pen, half pearls, pop up dots


Thanks for stopping by,

Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment