Thursday, September 22, 2011

Fall Toilet Paper!


Like the donuts, I think I may be taking the toilet paper thing too far!  In my defense, I love pumpkins and scarecrows go perfectly with pumpkins, so I HAD to make a scarecrow.


It was pretty easy to make.  I just use some unbleached muslin for the base.  Then, I hot glued some raffia for the hair.  The hat is made with some designer paper that I had bought last year.  It is only single sided, so I used two pieces back to back.  It took a few practice runs before I perfected it.  The edges of the hat are inked with some Tim Holtz Tea Dyed  Distress Ink.  To make his face, I used two buttons and some paper punches.  I very CAREFULLY used a Sharpie Pen to make his mouth.


This little embellishment on his hat was made using the Button Boutique Papertrey Ink Die.  A paper punched pumpkin and a Quickutz bird completed the patch.

Supplies:
Paper:  Debbie Mumm, Cosmo Cricket, Bazzill, Recollections, We R Memory Keepers
Ink:  Tim Holtz Tea Dye
Misc:  Toilet paper, fabric, crimping tool, buttons, black Sharpie pen, ribbon, raffia, Quickutz Bird die, paper punches, pop up dots, half pearl, Papertrey Ink Button Boutique die

Thanks for stopping by,

2 comments: