Tuesday, September 6, 2011

American Flag Card

I'm groaning very loudly while I write this post!  I just got home from working a seven day (in a row) stretch at work.  Some of the days were 12 hours long, on my feet!  I'm exhausted.  I, at least, have tomorrow off, but...I have a dentist appointment!  What a way to spend my day off, yuck! 

I finished this card yesterday, but didn't have time to post it before I left for work.  It's a combination Labor Day Card and a 9/11 Commemorative Card. I cased it from this card I found blog surfing one night. 


Instead of using an edge puncher, I used my Die-Namics Scallop Ribbon Border and cut one of the scallop edges off.  Machine stitching was added on to the border strips before they were adhered  to the card base.  After I adhered the strips on, I machine stitched all around the the card base. 


I cut a square of blue cardstock and machine stitched around the edges.  Paper punched stars were added with matching ivory buttons glued to the centers.




I puffed up the scallop border a little, just to give it a little extra dimension.

Supplies:
Paper:  October Afternoon, Bazzill, Recollections
Ink:  Tim Holtz Antique Linen
Misc:  Star paper punch, sewing machine, Die-Namics Scallop Ribbon, pop up dots

Thanks for stopping by,



6 comments:

  1. This is absolutely fabulous! It's so pretty and the layers look amazing. You did such a great job! :)

    Feel free to stop by my blog if you're interested in winning some blog candy!

    Ashley
    http://especiallymade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. I absolutely LOVE it!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your creations Beth. This is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I came across a project of yours on scs today (the witch hat from last year) and took a look around your blog. Wow, what great projects you have! I especially like this card you made...my hubs is in the military so I'm always looking for patriotic cards to make for his troops. I've made several flag cards, but not one as beautiful as this! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw this on Pinterest. I am sharing it on my facebook page. What a great great card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello! I just want to let you know that I found your card on Pinterest and I CASEd your card and my blog post today has both my card and your card. If you want to see, here is a link to my post: http://livelovenstamp.blogspot.com/2012/07/happy-4th-of-july.html Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete