Friday, September 16, 2011

Pop! Pop! Fizz! Fizz!...


Good Morning!  Here is a great way let you know how much you appreciate your favorite teacher.  I printed the sentiment out on the computer.  Using the Cricut Preserves Cartridge, I cut the center of the apple out on clear acetate.  This way, I could put the clear part over my sentiment (so it's centered), traced it, and then cut it out.  It was pretty simple, except, I can't find the overlay for the Preserves Cartridge!   Dang it!  I looked in everywhere for it!  So, I had to keep referring back to the handbook to see what buttons to push.  This made it took a lot longer.   I cut each layer (except the sentiment) twice and sandwiched the layers with foam tape to give it a little extra dimension. Using my Crop-A-Dile, I punched holes on either side of the apple stem to insert the ribbon.  This holds the tag onto the bottle, and the awesome teacher can easily remove the tag ( without ripping the paper) and enjoy the refreshing beverage.


Supplies:
Paper:  Recollections, Bazzill
Misc:  Cricut Preserves Cartridge, ribbon, bottled soft drink/sparkling water, pop up dots, computer generated sentiment.

Thanks for stopping by,


9 comments:

  1. Oh sparkling water is a good healthy idea too Beth. I saw this on SCS. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Grandma always said, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all". I made these for my sister and her the new teacher that she is mentoring this year. They both loved them. Saying mean things about my projects really hurts my feelings. If you don't like something, please keep it to yourself. Thank you to all of my followers/friends who leave sweet comments, it makes me so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! I have a teacher that loves Dr. Pepper. This is a perfect card to go with it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute, cute! This goes on my list for teacher appreciation ideas this year at our preschool. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! My kiddo would love giving this to his teacher, and just crack up, it's so silly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete