Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Greetings From Sunny Florida

I can't believe how long it has been since my last post!  I've been going through some serious crafting withdrawal.  I've been working a lot of double shifts lately as now that the snow birds are gone, business where I work is starting to slow down.  By the time I get home, I'm so exhausted and then I have to get up the next morning and do it all over again.  I also picked up extra shifts last week because I needed last Saturday off to go to the Scrapbook Expo.  It was totally awesome!!!!  Just Laura and I went and we also celebrated "Aunt's Day".  We bought lots of new goodies including paper (you can never have enough) and Scrapbuck was there with Quickutz 2 X 2 Dies for $1.00 and the 4 X 4 Dies for $3.00!  We love Quickutz, so needless to say we certainly stocked up!  My gifts from Laura included a pair of Boston Bruins earrings, dinner, and my very first pedicure.  We had such a good time.  I spent the night at our Mom's where I made my version of a skinny margarita, they were super delicious!

I recently received a great gift bag full of new stamps from Dandelion Designs.  They are truly one of my favorite companies.  I wanted to make Jean, the owner, a thank you card using some of these stamps. 

I cut the state of Florida out using the 50 States Cricut Cartridge.  The post card was made using the Papertrey Ink Button Card Die and the Postmarks Stamp Set. I stamped the little beach girl, colored her with Copics, and paper pieced her bikini.  The stamped and fussy cut the sun.  Then, I added a little yellow Stickles around the rays. 

This picture doesn't do the card much justice.  It's much nicer in real life. 

Supplies:
Stamps:  Dandelion Designs, Papertrey Ink, Custer's Last Stamp
Ink:  Memento, Versafine
Paper:  Bazzill, My Mind's Eye The Sunny Side
Misc:  Copics, Stickles, Papertrey Ink Button Card Die, pop up dots, black Sharpie pen, sewing machine

Thanks for stopping by,


No comments:

Post a Comment