Monday, May 14, 2012

Happy Day After Mother's Day!


Happy belated Mother's Day!  Here is one last card I made for my Mom.  I wanted to post it yesterday, but I had to work a double shift.  By the time I got home, I was so tired and I had to get up really early today.  Laura and I bought Mom a yarn bowl.  I am going to see Mom and Laura this coming weekend.  I will give Mom all of the cards I made for her.  Laura got a lot of really fun Mother's Day gifts from her kids, including an above the ground garden that they boys built.  It sounds very impressive.   Laura and I are going to the Scrapbook Expo on Saturday, she informed me that according to her calender, Saturday is "Aunt's Day".  I think she has a surprise planned!  I am wicked super excited about it!

This is a Michelle Wooderson inspired card.  It's much prettier in person than in the photograph.  I very carefully masked the stems/blooms onto the jar.  Masking makes me very nervous, I just think I need some more practice.  The stems and leaves were colored with Copics.  The blooms are paper pieced. 

Supplies:
Stamps:  Papertrey Ink-Limitless Labels (sentiment), Friendship Jar, Friendship Jar Spring Fillers
Ink:  Versafine
Paper:  Wasau, Authentique
Misc:  Copics, Papertrey Ink Friendship Jar Die, hearts paper punch, sewing machine, My Favorite Things Scallop Border Dienamics

Got to get back to my Celtics game and laundry.  Defense!

Thanks for stopping by,

1 comment: