Friday, June 15, 2012

Cowboy and Astronaut Tutorial

Here is the tutorial for both the cowboy and the astronaut.  It is mostly a picture tutorial, this way it will give you a hands on look on how I make my paper punch "peeps". 

These are the punches I used and on the right hand side you can see that I used them to start with the astronaut.  I didn't realize until I started typing this out, but you only need to cut one flesh toned word window, for some reason I punched two.



Punch Ingredients:
1 3/4 vellum circle for helmet (omit for cowboy)
1 1/4 flesh circle for head
1 flesh word window for ears
1 1/4 x 2 oval for helmet collar (omit for cowboy)
1 1/4 x 2 tag (cut one for pants and one for shirt)
2 word windows for shirt
2 small flesh flowers for hands
1 narrow strip for belt
2 5/8 black circles for boots
1 small white heart for face
2 small black circles for eyes
1 small flesh circle for nose
black sharpie for mouth
1 brad for cowboy belt buckle
1 photo corner for cowboy's scarf





I had a hard time trying to paper punch a cowboy hat, so I just improvised using the Cricut Paper Doll Dress Up Cartridge to cut the hat.  But, I did see some great ideas when I googled it, but I didn't have the right punches and nothing to improvise.  So, instead of buying more punches, I cheated and used the Cricut!

I hope this helps, if you have any questions, just drop me a line!

Thanks for stopping by,






4 comments: