Sunday, June 17, 2012

First Class Father's Day Card


Here is the Father's Day Card that I made for my stepfather.  He likes to collect stamps, so I thought the Papertrey Ink Postmarks set would made a perfect card. 

One of my "besties", Victoria, found a typewriter for me at a yard sale for only $5.00!  I've been wanting one for so long, and while there are some on e-Bay and Etsy, the shipping is really expensive.  But, I did find the ribbon on e-Bay and it was very reasonable.  So, I used it for the first time on this card.  It's been along time since I had to type for real, and found myself trying really hard to center my text!  I counted my letters, subtracted, and counted backwards just like my high school typing teacher told me, but still it's not quite centered!  I think it adds a little character and I know that Chuck will love it.

Supplies:
Stamps:  Papertrey Ink-Postmarks
Paper:  October Afternoon, Recollections, Bazzill
Ink:  Tim Holtz, Memento, Versafine
Misc:  Button, baker's twine, paper clip, foam tape, Quickkutz Notebook Sheet 4 x 4 Die, My Favorite Things Stars Die-Namics, sewing machine, typewriter, date stamper

Thanks for stopping by,


No comments:

Post a Comment