Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Woody Clipboard and Tissue Box Set

I made this set for my niece, Sam, who was diagnosed with leukemia last month. She loves Woody from Toy Story, so I decided that I needed the Toy Story Cricut Cartridge to make some goodies for her room. She has been going through chemotherapy and has been very brave. My sister and brother in law took her to the Girl Scout Banquet as she was to get a very big award for her service at the Winnie Palmer Hospital, but she was so sick, that they had to leave before she could get her award. I know this will not make up for the prestige of the Girl Scout award, but, hopefully this will make her smile.

In Papercrafts 350 Cards & Gifts, Kim Kesti made this adorable clipboard with a Scrabble tray and letter tiles. I wanted to make these, and since I had some clipboards already, I got to work. Designer paper was Modge Podged on to the clipboard. I added some carnival tickets as a border, then applied some stars that I had cut out with Stand and Salute Cricut cartridge. I glued the letter tray on and tied some ribbons on the "clippy" part of the clipboard.



Now onto Woody. He is 10 3/4 inches tall. I cut each layer twice and I layered them with pop up tape to give him some dimension. The Woody on the tissue box was cut at 3 1/2 inches tall, cut and assembled the same way.



I made the tissue box cover using the tutorial provided by Splitcoast. I made a belly band out of cardstock, wrapped bakers twine around, and centered some stars with button centers on each side.



This is the side view:



Supplies:
Paper: Bo Bunny, TPC Studios, Recollections, Bazzill, Colorbok
Cricut Cartridges: Stand & Salute and Toy Story
Misc: Pop up dots, srabble tray and letters, bakers twine, carnival tickets, buttons, modge podge, clipboard, tissue box, nestabilities, ribbon


Thanks for stopping by,

1 comment: