Monday, March 22, 2010

Happy Birthday to My Teacher

Edit: Thanks to one of my sweet readers, it was brought to my attention that I had a "few mistakes" in my instructions. Sorry if this caused any problems for anyone. I have fixed the measurements.

My sister, Laura, is a teacher. I love to make teacher themed items for her and her friends. In my last post, I made a box to hold a Hostess or Little Debbie cupcake. I used teacher paper to adapt the cupcake box for your favorite teacher's birthday, teacher appreciation day, or just to say thank you for all they do!




Supplies:
Paper: DCWV, Reflections, Bazzill
Stamps: Dandelion Designs (sentiment), Sweet & Sassy Stamps (digital stamp, School Girl Sally)
Misc: Nestabilities, Scor-tape, clear acetate, cupcake, pop up dots, copics, scallop punch

These boxes are really easy to make. I searched all over the web for different patterns, and then sort of combined them to one!

1) For the box base, cut a piece of cardstock 10 1/2 in. X 10 1/2 in.
2) Score @ 3 1/4 in. all all 4 sides
3) Cut on the score line to where the lines intersect (2 on the top, 2 on the bottom)
4) Adhere flaps with scor-tape or sticky strip
5) This makes the box bottom.
6) For the lid, cut a piece of cardstock 6 1/8 in. X 6 1/8 in.
7) Score @ 1 on each side
8) Cut a 3 in. circle on the top
9) Adhere a piece of acetate to the under side of the lid.
10) Assemble the lid as same as the box bottom.
11) For the insert, cut a piece of cardstock 4 7/8 X 4 7/8
12) Score @ 1/2 in all 4 sides.
13) Cut a 2 1/2 circle on the top
14) Assemble the insert the same as the lid and bottom
15) Gently slide the cupcake in the hole, tucking the cardboard (under the cupcake) in the hole you cut
16) Using the scor-tape or sticky strip, adhere the insert in the box bottom
17) Embellish the top as desired.

Thanks for stopping by,

Beth

2 comments:

  1. Do I get one for my birthday?????? I hope so, it's cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want one for my birthday too! But it has already passed dang it!!

    ReplyDelete