Friday, March 19, 2010

Happy Birthday!

Today is Tressie's birthday, one of my very best friends. Unfortunately, she has to work tonight, but last Sunday we celebrated her day and saw Lynryd Skynyrd at the Strawberry Festival in Plant City. Since we are working together tonight, I'm bringing her a little surprise.



I made this matchbox style box and filled it with Ghirardelli chocolates. Then I stamped some images with Dandelion Designs stamps, punched out some butterflies from my MS punches, and popped everything up with pop up dots.

Since it's the law and you have to have birthday cake on your birthday, I made this cupcake box. I cut the inner circle to fit either a Hostess or Little Debbie cupcake. If you are just making one cupcake box, it's easier and cheaper just buy the cupcakes already wrapped. It is a great ideal to give your child's teacher, friends, co-workers, party favors, or anyone that needs a little something. You could even put it in a lunch box for your favorite birthday girl or boy! I stuck a little candle on top of the cupcake so you can make wish. I, then, decorated the box top to match the chocolate box. Both projects were quick and easy to make and I was able to use up scrap paper, as well.

Supplies:
Stamps: Dandelion Designs
Paper: DCWV, Bazzill
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versacolor Opera Pink
Misc: Copics, Score-Tape, MS punches, rhinestones, pop up dots, candle, cupcake, Ghiradelli squares

Thanks for stopping by,

Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment