Tuesday, February 21, 2012

50th Birthday Easel Card



I needed to make a 50th birthday card for a special someone.  I have always found it difficult to make masculine cards, I like to add flowers, bows, and bling too much!  So, I decided to try making an easel card.  This is my first attempt using the tutorial on Splitcoast, which can be found here.  It was actually pretty simple, I watched the video, and it made total sense!

The cupcakes were cut using the Sizzix Original Cupcake & Ice Cream Die.    I cut each cupcake out twice and sandwiched them foam tape to give them extra dimension.  The candles were cut using the Sweet Treat Cricut Cartridge.  I added some gold Stickles to flames.  The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink's Think Big Favorites #1 stamp set.  I couldn't resist adding a little embellishment, so I threaded some buttons with DMC floss and adhered them to the card.



Supplies:
Stamp:  Papertrey Ink-Think Big Favorites #1
Ink:  Stamps By Judith
Paper:  My Mind's Eye, Bazzill
Misc:  My Favorite Things Scallop Die-Namics, buttons, DMC floss, Stickles, pop up dots, Sizzix Original Cupcake & Ice Cream Die, Cricut, Sweet Treats Cricut Cartridge, Scor-Tape, Scor Buddy

Thanks for stopping by,

1 comment:

  1. absolutely fabulous card!!!. Thanks for sharing 50th birthday card design...

    ReplyDelete