Friday, February 10, 2012

Valentine Hearts


This is another one of the cards I made at my sister's house on Sunday.  I wanted to post it earlier this week, but I ended being admitted to the hospital.  I got home last night, so better late than never.

I found this super sweet Jilli Bean Soup paper at Violettes a few weeks ago.  I absolutely love it and thought it would make some perfect valentines.  I cut a scallop border strip with the My Favorite Things  Scallop Border Die and inked the edges with some white ink.  The hearts were cut using Nestabilities.  The edge of the larger heart was inked as well, just to give it a little extra dimension. 

The button was made using the Papertrey Ink Button Die and an empty cereal box.  I cut make a "chipboard" like embellishment by cutting four buttons out of the cereal box, gluing them together with a glue stick, and then I glued the button shape that I cut out of the patterned paper on top.  I tied a bow with some pearl cotton, and it was done!  The heart was attached with a pop up dot.

Supplies:
Paper:  Jilli Bean Soup Hearty Barley and Canola  Oil, Recollections
Ink:  Colorbox
Misc:  My Favorite Things Scallop Border Die, Heart Nestabilities, cereal box, Papertrey Ink Button Die

Thanks for stopping by,

1 comment: