Thursday, February 23, 2012

Coffee Cup Gift Card Holder


This is the birthday card I made for my brother.  He spent his 50th birthday surfing in Hawaii!  Life is rough for him!

With tax season in full swing, I thought he might need a few extra coffees to keep him up during those late nights.  I decided to make him a gift card holder for a Starbucks gift card.  I used the Love You A Latte Cricut Cartridge to cut out the coffee cup.  Each layer is cut twice and sandwiched with foam tape.

I used Sizzix Originals Cupcake and Ice Cream Die, again, to make cupcake.  I also cut it twice and sandwiched with foam tape.  The candle is cut free hand and the flame is a leaf paper punch.  I added Diamond Glaze to the flame and sprinkles.  I made a little tag and stamped the sentiment using Papertrey Ink's Limitless Labels stamp set.  The circles are cut using Nestabilities.  I ran the belly band through the crimper.


I attached the front and the back of the card with a large brad.  The card swings open to reveal the gift card.


Supplies:
Stamps:  Papertrey Ink-Limitless Labels
Ink:  Versafine
Paper:  Cosmo Cricket, Recollections
Misc:  Cricut Love You A Latte Cartridge, Sizzix Originals Cupcake & Ice Cream Die, Nestabilities, foam tape, large brad, Diamond Glaze, DMC floss, leaf paper punch, paper crimper

Thanks for stopping by,

No comments:

Post a Comment