Saturday, February 18, 2012

Happy Birthday, Dave!


My nephew, Dave, celebrated his 20th birthday last week while I was in the hospital.  I've been working on his card for a week now, it was definitely a labor of love! 

To make my Captain Hook card, I used the Disney Classics Cricut cartridge.  It is very big card, about 12 inches high and 10 1/2 inches wide.  First I tried to make it on my Gypsy, but I was having problems figuring out how to weld it, then I just cut all the pieces out the regular way on the Cricut.  But, then the pieces were too small and they shred.  So, I then I thought to change the blade, but after wasting a piece of cardstock and nothing was cutting, just shredding, it dawned on me that the blade was in upside down!  Eventually I got it all set, and cut everything twice, layered it with foam tape and adhered it to my card.  The cupcake was cut using the Sizzix Originals Cupcake & Ice Cream Die.

Supplies:
Paper:  Bazzill, Recollections, Colorbok
Ink:  Tim Holtz, Colorbox
Misc:  Foam tape, Cricut Disney Classics Cartridge, Reminisce Glitter Alphabet, large black brad, Sizzix Originals Cupcake & Ice Cream Die

Thanks for stopping by,


No comments:

Post a Comment