Saturday, June 18, 2011

Bitten By The Bug 2 Challenge: Freshly Picked Gnomes


I decided to incorporate the Father's Day gift for my stepfather, Chuck, with the BBTB2 Challenge. This is my first time participating in one of their challenges.

Chuck likes garden gnomes, for Christmas I bought him a Boston Red Sox gnome! I cut the gnome 3 at 8 inches and cut each layer twice. The layers are sandwiched with foam tape. I did cheat a little, as I don't have Design Studio software and only a small piece of the gold paper, I used the smallest square Nestability to make his belt buckle. I ran the gnome's beard through my BIGkick with the Cuttlebug Swirls Embossing Folder. A few red pearls were added for added dimension.


For the gift bag, I adhered some "masculine" designer paper, some jute twine and few wooden buttons. Using some Scrabble tiles, I spelled out Chuck's name. For the card/gift card holder, I added a small pocket on the inside. You could put some cash or a gift card inside.


Supplies:
Paper: Bazzill, Recollections, October Afternoon, Creative Imaginations
Cricut: Freshly Picked
Misc: Half red pearls, foam tape, gift bag, scor-pal, tissue paper, scrabble tiles, cuttlebug swirls embossing folder, buttons, jute twine


Thanks for stopping by,

8 comments:

  1. Great projects! Love the gnome shirt! Super cute! Thanks for joining us over at the BBTB2, DT Member Carri :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!! This is really darling, Beth! Love the colors and the masculine embellies on the cute bag! Fabulous Father's Day set. Thanks so much for playing along with us at BBTB2 this week. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGoodness Beth this is too too Cute! I love the card/giftcard holder you made. What a great idea, now I wish I would have made one of them, lol! Love the giftbag too, Chuck is going to Love this! Thanks for joining us this week over at BBTB2, I sure hope you join us again!
    ((Hugs)) Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great gift set! Love the swirls on his beard. Thanks for joining the fun at BBTB2!

    ReplyDelete
  5. very cute card and bag :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an adorable set! Love the shaped card and the decorated bag.

    Thanks for playing with us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beth,
    This is super cute..Thanks for playing along at BBTB2 this week..Krista

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute! I love how you spelled out the name on the bag with scrabble tiles. I'm your newest follower! :)

    Karen

    ReplyDelete