Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Graduation Gifts

My niece, Kate, graduated from high school last week in Maine. She will be attending the University of Central Florida this fall and we are so psyched to have her down here with us! Here is a picture of the lovely Kate and her Dad, my brother, Richard.




To celebrate her special day, I made a card and nugget tin for my Mom to package her present. I found this great card to case. This beauty was found Julie B's Stamping Space. You can see her card here. I just made a few changes. Granny likes to give checks as presents, so I whipped up this nugget tin to hold the check. In the tin are six little mortar board nuggets!


The card front:

Mortar Board Nugget:
Close up of nugget tin:



For my gift, I chose to use the digital stamp, Graduating Audrey from Stamping Boutique. She is double stamped, colored with Copics, and popped up with pop up dots. She is mounted on a little frame made will Nestabilities, a corner rounder, and some rhinestones. The acrylic box is filled with two bags of Hershey Kisses and a special surprise to help her decorate her new dorm room. Wide blue ribbon was wrapped around and tied with a bow to hold the top and bottom together. Using the Justrite Favorite Occasions and Times Roman Alphabet, I made the little medallion for the top personalize with both of your names.



Close up of the medallion:



Supplies:
Stamps: Jusrite-Favorite Occasions & Times Roman Alphabet, Stamping Boutique-Graduating Audrey
Ink: Versafine, Memento
Paper: Bazzill, DCWV, Recollections
Misc: Martha Stewart doily, copics, nestabilties, ribbon, alphabet beads, rhinestones, pearls, pearly swirls, glitter pen, pop up dots, paper edger, corner rounder, brads, dmc floss, nugget tin, candy, sizzix sizzlet yarn alphabet, my favorite things die-namic lace border

Thanks for stopping by,

2 comments:

  1. These are all wonderful! Love how you did the necklace on the card so pretty! :-) and the little candies are adorable! TFS! -Sam :-)

    ReplyDelete