Monday, June 13, 2011

Father's Day Side Step Card


This is my first attempt at making a side step card. I used the tutorial at Splitcoast. You can view it here.

I made this card for my Dad for Father's Day. Dad has a model railroad that he was working on for as long as I can remember. His railroad is Carson City, Nevada during the gold rush.

Wyatt was stamped, colored with Copics and a Bic Marker, cut and adhered with pop up dots. To make the train tracks, I just used the Martha Stewart fence border punch. I punched out the border on a strip of cardstock, and then trimmed the points off the fence. Presto! It's a train track! The train was made using a Quickutz 2 x 2 die. I only had the engine die, so I cut the "hood" of the engine off to make the middle car and the caboose. I stamped the sentiment onto the designer paper and then added a punched heart with a pop up dote. To finish my card off, I adhered two Karen Foster Nevada STATE-ment embellishments


Supplies:
Stamps: My Favorite Things-Engineer Wyatt, Studio G-Lucky Guy
Ink: Memento, Versafine
Paper: Best Creations, Bazzill, My Mind's Eye, Recollections, Wausau, Bo Bunny
Mic: Paper punches, Bic Markers, Karen Foster State-Ments, Quickutz train, pop up dots, Copics


Thanks for stopping by,

No comments:

Post a Comment