Friday, June 10, 2011

Paper Pouches with Button Card Tags


My work schedule is all messed up this week! I usually work the same shifts, on the same day, every week. But, this week it's a little different, so I don't know when I'm coming and going!

I wanted to do something a little different with the button cards. While I was up late one night surfing the net, I came across these cute variations of paper lunch sacks. Many of you know how much I enjoy using lunch sacks, so these were a great addition to my collection. Unfortunately, I don't remember where I got the idea from, so I'm sorry that I can't give her the credit!

They are super easy to make. Just sew across the bottom of the bag just above the bottom of the bag. I drew a line on the bag with a marker for illustration only. I don't recommend that you do this on the finished product as it will show through the thread once it is stitched. Then, trim just below the stitched line and the top of the bag to give it the decorative edge. Easy....you are done!


What is nice about these little bags is that they are gusseted on the sides, so you can put some "thick" stuff in them. Mine have a few Hershey Kisses inside, but the possibilities are endless. You can use them for packaging gift cards, a small stamp set, ink pads, or just about anything.



Using the button cards I made, I then started building the tag. The button tag was mounted on a piece of coordinating paper. I cut a doily in half, and then adhered the sides to the bag of the paper. The doily was just a little too small, so by cutting it, I made it just a little bigger. The tag was attached to the bag using a tiny clothespin that had matching paper Modge Podged and a matching button flower.


I had a couple of Cricut Preserves Apples left over, so I decided to make use them for some last minute teacher appreciation gift. Using the Papertrey Ink Teacher's Apple set, I stamped the sentiment directly onto the bag. Some ribbon and regular sized tea dyed clothespin completed my project. It wasn't till after I finished , I realized that I should have stamped the "s" next to teacher. But, I think I looked at it too many times, because now neither one looks right! It's ok, my sister will appreciate it anyway, even if it's not grammatically correct!



Supplies:
Stamps: Papertrey Ink-Button Boutique, Teacher's Apple
Ink: Memento, Versafine
Paper: K & Company, Best Creations Inc., Recollections, Bazzill, My Mind's Eye
Misc: Clothespins, fabric, button, paper lunch sacks, ribbon, paper punch, cricut, pop up dots, hershey kisses, doilies, modge podge, papertrey ink button card and flower dies, dmc floss


Thanks for stopping by,

2 comments:

  1. These are adorable! I am definately going to make some of these! I just love the teacher one, and how your clothespin is the stem of the apple!

    ReplyDelete