Thursday, April 19, 2012

Catered Crop "Krafty Recipe Swap" Quickfire


Here is my project for the Catered Crop "Krafty Recipe Swap" Quickfire.  The rules of this challenge was to use kraft paper in your project.  I actually used it a few times, but you can really only see one.  You can find out the details of the challenge here.

I made this for my Mom for Mother's Day.  I love paper sacks, so I thought that a sack with a matching tag would be great way to package a little gift.  For the sack, I just trimmed the top of it off that used a paper edger to make a decorative edge.  A little seam binding tied in a fluffy bow, one of my crocheted hearts, a button, and DMC floss completed the sack.

Onto the tag, using my Cricut Tags, Bags, Boxes & More Cricut Cartridge and my Gypsy, I cut out a long scalloped tag out of kraft paper and one out of designer paper.  I added machine stitching around the designer paper tag and then adhered it to the kraft tag.  My little girl is the My Favorite Things Pure Innocence Holly Girl stamp that I bought last winter.  I did a little masking with a post it note when I stamped it (twice) in order to omit the holly in my image.  The was cut using the My Favorite Things Oval Open Scallop Die-Namics.  After I colored her with Copics and paper pieced her dress, she was adhered with pop up dots onto the oval.  I also used the My Favorite Things Scallop Ribbon Border on the bottom of the tag as a decorative trim.  Instead of holding the holly, I added a crochet flower and a pretty button.  The sentiment is also from My Favorite Things, it was part of the VIP Girls Rule kit.  I used this sentiment in my Mother's Day Card last year, too, I hope Mom doesn't mind! 



For the third use of kraft paper in this project (first was the paper sack and second was the tag base), I made my own "chipboard" style letters.  Using kraft paper and the Alphalicious Cricut Cartridge, I cut M O M out four times and one time out of designer paper.  I glued the layers together and then covered them with some Diamond Glaze.  I glued them onto the tag, and the tag is done.  I attached the tag to the seam binding with a clothespin covered in designer paper and Modge Podge.



Make sure you stop by Catered Crop and check out all of the great goodies that everyone has made.


Supplies:
Stamps:  My Favorite Things-Pure Innocence Holly Girl and VIP Girls Rule Mini Set
Ink:  Versafine, Memento
Paper:  October Afternoon Little Darlings Collection, Recollections Kraft paper
Misc:  Paper sack, seam binding, small clothespin, Modge Podge, Copics, crocheted flower and heart, buttons, DMC pearl cotton, pop up dots, Diamond Glaze, My Favorite Things Die-Namics Scallop Ribbon Border and Oval Open Dies, Cricut Alphalicious Cartridge,  paper edger

Thanks for stopping by,

2 comments: