Sunday, April 15, 2012

Today Was A Good Day


Today was a good day.   First, I got to sleep in until 9 AM!  I've had to get up very early every day this week as I have been teaching the training class at work.  After I feed the cats, I check my email and read any updates on the blogs that I follow.  I participated, for the first time, at the Catered Crop Recipe with Brads Challenge.  I submitted the card I made for my sister, Laura, for her birthday.   Well, they posted the winners and my name was on the list!  I am so excited!  I get to be a Top Chef Designer in next Sunday's Quickfire.  The new challenge is using kraft.  You can check out the details here.  This will be a fun one for me, as I love using paper sacks!

Then my nephew, Dave, brought my sister over to visit today.  We haven't seen each since the hospital.  She looks really good, still a little weak and slow, but she is getting better every day.  We went and had the best pizza in town, and then to Violette's, the best scrapbook store ever!  While we were there, the owner, Diana, was unpacking boxes of awesome stuff.  She is now carrying Magnolia Stamps.  They just received an order from My Favorite Things.  I was able to pick up a few new goodies, I wanted much much more, but I behaved. 

Today was the inspiration for this card.  I covered some tags with designer paper.  Then, I just used some embellishments from my stash to give each tag a unique look.  A crocheted flower, a button wreath and a rosette were used as the focal point for each tag.  The tags are hung "clothesline" style on some baker's twine with mini clothespins that I "blinged" up with some pearls.

Hope you had a good day, too!

Supplies:
Stamps:   Papertrey Ink-Flower Fusion #1
Ink:  Versafine
Paper:  Wasau, The Paper Studio, K & Company
Misc:  Baker's twine, pearls, buttons, crocheted flower, pearl swirl, carnival ticket, Nestabilities, mini clothespins, sewing machine, button wreath, Cat's Pajamas Easy Rosette Die, tags, DMC embroidery floss and pearl cotton

Thanks for stopping by,

No comments:

Post a Comment